Whether you’re a DIY expert working on your next project, or you are simply looking for an elevated home renovation, it’s always important to ensure you’re working with the right materials. The longevity of your renovation is only as strong as the quality of materials you’re using. You never want to sacrifice quality for a low price point, but you also don’t want to overpay for something that you can find at a better value.
When it comes to LED lighting, we’ve found the sweet spot, offering high-quality lighting materials at affordable prices. In today’s design world where modern and minimalistic styles are becoming increasingly popular, recessed lighting is quickly becoming the go-to for DIY projects. However, knowing which canless recessed lighting is the best for your space can sometimes be tricky. Fortunately, we’re here to take the guesswork out of your project and give it to you straight — here’s a crash course on canless recessed lights:
What Are Canless Recessed Lights?
Canless recessed lighting (not to be confused with retrofit can light) is intended to add lights to spaces where lighting did not previously exist, using a template or drill. Unlike can recessed lighting, canless recessed lights do not require a can or fixture to hold the bulb in place. Instead, a canless recessed light connects directly to your wiring, also eliminating the need for an electrical box. The end result is an ultra-thin lighting design that requires only a few inches of ceiling space to install, making it perfect to add lighting almost everywhere in your home or office.
Benefits of Canless Recessed Lighting
So, you’ve decided that canless recessed lights are the way to go. Now begs the question, how do you know which type is best for you? At NuWatt, we offer an extensive line of canless recessed lighting in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. In our opinion, there’s a Nuwatt canless recessed light perfect for every DIY project!
Benefits of NuWatt canless recessed lighting:
- Insulation Contact Rated Junction box that can have direct contact with insulation. Nuwatt’s Junction Box is completely metal rather than plastic for a higher-quality experience.
- Selectable CCT
- Low profile (contrary to can or retrofit lights that require a can for installation)
- High CRI90+ (provides vivid color instead of a washed-out appearance under the light)
- High quality building materials, made with die cast aluminum or steel
What Size of Canless Recessed Light Do I Need?
- 6 inch canless recessed light — Great for open areas such as kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, bathroom, or outdoor spaces.
- 4 inch canless recessed light — Great for hallways, closets, pantries, or used as accent lights.
- 3 inch canless recessed light — Great for accent or decorative lighting, rather than functional lighting, around areas such as bars or stairways.
What Shape of Canless Recessed Light Do I Need?
- Square canless recessed lighting — Great for those who have a modern decorative scheme in their home or business.
- Round canless recessed lighting — Great for a classic, timeless look which will never go out of style and remain versatile.
- Gimbal canless recessed lighting — Great to use as directional light and perfect for sloped ceilings and lighting up artwork.
Ready to upgrade your space with canless recessed lighting? NuWatt’s canless recessed lights are easy to install and require very minimal experience and equipment. Each light comes with a template to cut out holes in your new construction if needed and come with everything needed to install directly into your ceiling!